Friday, October 30, 2009

OoooooK-LAHOMA!



Back during my sophomore year in high school I got very brave and tried out for the school musical, "Oklahoma." To everyones' great surprise (especially to mine), I got casted as the lead part of Laurie. It was such a fun experience and gave me a lot of confidence in performing back then.




I have the CD of the soundtrack and this past week the kids found it and have been playing it almost every day. It has been very entertaining to watch. They figured out that in the Overture there are fast parts and slower parts. Brandon said that the fast parts were for the cowboys and the slower parts were the "girl parts." So if he wanted to dance during those parts he had to dance with one of the girls.

Can I just say how cute I think that is? And I am so thankful that Brandon, who is almost 7, still likes to play and dance with his sisters. Love it! (Oh, and yes, we still have lots of cardboard in the empty living room. The kids find so many creative ways to play with it!)




Oh and guess what Brandon wants to be for Halloween? Yep, a cowboy!


4 comments:

France said...

Loved all the videos. Your kids are so adorable. They could enter a contest with the dancing - and probably win. Did they learn how to dance by watching you and Justin dance? Lashelle

Emily said...

I'm not even the tiniest bit surprised that you got the lead part. You have a beautiful voice, and you look the part, too! I always thought Laurie should be a brunette anyway. :)

I am astonished at how big your kids are. I mean, I get that time passes and that kids grow even when I am not watching, but WHOA! Brandon was in my nursery, and it doesn't seem that long ago!

SeelyFamily said...

Oh Jenn, that was great! Brandon is such a great leader and Lindsey is a perfect partner! I laughed out loud when Lindsey left and came back with a twirly skirt on! Those two are really good dancing together. You need to get them into a ballroom dancing class! :) So fun!
PS Our living is filled with boxes too! Some many fun things to do with cardboard!

llamitanan said...

How sweet! Your children treat each other so nicely. Joseph was in OK last year at the high school. He was "Jud." He did a great job inspite of being the villain. Would love to see the video of your production, Jen!