Friday, September 4, 2009

Lindsey Starts Preschool


School starts so late here! Brandon isn't going to be in until after Labor Day. But Lindsey had her first day of preschool yesterday. I think she was kind of nervous, but the fact that her class has 6 or 7 girls in it and all but one are in our ward helped a lot! There were many familiar faces. Thankfully it's only 2 days a week for a couple of hours. She's getting too big!

Holding her slippers - that's what they wear in the classroom





The kids were excited to go in with me to get her situated. What cuties!





Afterwards, she was very poud of her work. What a big girl!





Next week is going to feel really lonely on those days when it's just Katelyn and I. It will definitely take some getting used to! I'm glad that the kids are excited for school and the structure will be good, but I will miss them! I've liked our summer being together all the time and doing whatever we felt like. I know it can't stay that way forever, so we're on to another chapter!



2 comments:

SeelyFamily said...

So fun! I know what you mean about it being pretty lonely. Ali started preschool last week, the first day I really didn't know what to do with myself, but I quickly figured it out. And, it gives me time alone with Emma. Why do they wear slippers? I have never heard of that before?

Jennifer said...

I'm still a little bit confused about the slippers myself. Her preschool is at a Lutheran church, and it's all carpeted, so maybe they're trying to keep the carpet clean? I don't know. I think it's a bit strange myself!